The Organisation of the Insitutum Liturgicum involves people collaborating in many ways.
1. Board of founders: founding members 12th September 2009:
The board of founders is to elect such members as they deem necessary and helpful to carry
out the aims of the Institum Liturgicum.
2. Contributing Abbeys:
3. Board of management: The board of founders has established a board of management including a representative of KU Leuven to accomplish the aims, implement decisions and make suggestions for developing the Institutum Liturgicum.
4. Endorsing sponsors: The board of founders has obtained the following endorsements:
The Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales
The Bishops’ Conference of Belgium (French) (Flemish)
Abbot Martin Shipperlee, Ealing Abbey, London
Abbot Cuthbert Brogan, St Michael’s Abbey, Farnborough
Abbot Kris Op de Beeck, Abdij Keizersberg, Leuven, Belgium
5. Patrons: The Institutum Liturgicum board of founders will approach notable Catholics
and request them to act as patrons.
6. Advisors: The following experts in the field from different parts of the country have agreed to be advisors to the board of management:
Rev Canon Alan Griffiths (Portsmouth)
Fr John McLoughlin (Liverpool)
Mgr Kevin McGinnell (Northampton)
7. Moderator: He gives advice to the Board of Founders and to the Management Board, especially regarding elements of the strategic plan which require attnetion.
8. The Institutum Liturgicum board of founders and respective endorsing partners will cultivate links with the Bishops Conferences of England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
9. The Institutum Liturgicum board of founders will seek to liaise with license and doctoral programmes in sacred liturgy in Leuven, Paris, Trier, Vienna and Rome in Europe, and Washington, Collegeville and Notre Dame in the USA.
10. The Institutum Liturgicum board of founders will maintain liaison with the directors of the project, Appreciating the Liturgy.
11. The two founding abbot members may decide to close the Institutum Liturgicum.
Tel +44 (0)2 8862 —- | Fax +44 (0)2 8862 2133 | il AT liturgyinstitute DOT com