Fr (Youhanna; Johannes) Elie Semaan L.M.O. is a student-centered Professor with expertise in Syriac literature. Offers 5 years background supporting students, developing instructional plans, and organizing and grading exams and tests. Commended for sustaining effective learning environment through prepared classes and relevant assignments and consistently achieving classroom management and academic goals.
Ph.D. | Patristic Science EXPECTED IN 10/2022
Augustinianum University, Rome, Italy
• Four unpublished homilies by Isaac of Antioch: Analytical introduction, critical editing, and translation.
Master of Theology | Biblical Studies 07/2013
Holy Spirit University, Kaslik, Lebanon
• The “exodus” resonances in John 6:1-21
Bachelor of Theology 06/2009
University of Holy Spirit, Kaslik, Lebanon
Master of Science | Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering 06/2000
CNAM University, Lebanon
Syriac: Bilingual or Proficient (C2)
Arabic: Bilingual or Proficient (C2)
French: Bilingual or Proficient (C2)
Italian: Bilingual or Proficient (C2)
English: Advanced (C1)
Ancient Greek: Upper intermediate (B2)
Latin: Upper intermediate (B2)
Spanish: Elementary (A2)
German: Elementary (A2)
• Italian translation and adaptation of the grammar book: A. BADWI and alt., Le Syriaque pour tout le monde, vol.1, Kaslik 1984.
• SEMAAN, E.B., A thought for every Week of the year, Rome 2021.
• Italian translation of P. DAHER, Saint Charbel a man inebriated by God, in preparation.
University Teaching 2018-present
Saint Charbel Monastery- Rome | Rome, Italy
• Syriac Language level A1-A2: Course for all who wish to learn Syriac.
Anselmianum University Rome | Rome, Italy
• First course (2018) : “Syriac monasticism from second to eighth century”, in collaboration with Prof. F. RIVAS, O.S.B.
• Courses : “Christian initiation according to Syriac Fathers”; “The priesthood according to Syriac fathers”.
• Skills: Encouraged class discussions by building discussions into lessons, actively soliciting input, asking open-ended questions, and using techniques to track student participation.
• Used variety of learning modalities and support materials to facilitate learning process and accentuate presentations.
• Shifted between informal and formal methods of teaching to create multi-layered web of learning incorporating experiments, practical activities, discussions, and projects into lessons.
Maronite Order Priest (L.M.O.) Jounieh Lebanon, 2002-present
• 2013-2022: Religious in Saint Charbel Monastery-Rome. From 2019-2022, Rector of Our Immaculate Lady, Church, Rome, for L.M.O.
• 2010-2013 : Religious Assistant for Postulant L.M.O. in Our Lady of Victory Monastery, Ghousta- Lebanon.
• 19 June 2010: Priest Ordination.
• 10 July 2009: Deacon.
• 17 January 2008: Permanent Vows.
• 2004-2008: Philosophical and Theological formation, in Holy-Spirit University, Kaslik-Lebanon.
• 10 July 2004: Temporary Vows.
• 2002-2004: Monastic Formation in Saints Cyprian and Justina Monastery, Kfifan-Lebanon.