a monk of St. Benedict’s Abbey, Atchison, Kansas USA
I professed monastic vows on 15 August, 1983 and
was ordained to the presbyterate on 15 June, 1991.
• Doctor of Sacred Liturgy (S.L.D.), Pontifical Institute of Liturgy, 2008.
• License of Sacred Liturgy (S.L.L.), Pontifical Institute of Liturgy, 2005.
• I came to Sant’Anselmo, in the Fall of 1999 to pursue advanced studies in Liturgy.
• M.A. in Theology studying Liturgy, University of Notre Dame du Lac, 1999.
• M.Div., St. John’s School of Theology, Collegeville, MN, 1990.
• B.A., Benedictine College, Atchison, KS double major in Philosophy and Religious Studies, 1985.
Teaching & Ministry:
• I am co-founder of the Institutum Liturgicum.
• I am co-director of the project Appreciating the liturgy.
• I serve as co-editor of the book series: Liturgiam aestimare: Appreciating the Liturgy.
• I serve on the editorial board of Questions Liturgiques / Studies in Liturgy.
• I wrote the weekly column 2006-2011 “Listen to the Word”, The Tablet, London from 2006-2011.
• I serve as the Assistant Director of Landings U.K.
• I lectured in liturgy at The Pontifical Beda College, Rome 2008-2010.
•I served as pastor of three parishes in Rural Kansas:
St. Benedict’s, Bendena 1993 – 1999
St. Charles, Troy 1995 – 1999
St. Joseph’s, Wathena 1995 – 1999