A. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
All ordinary and visiting students (for credit) – register at KU Leuven
In this way you will pay lower fees, because the courses are subsidised by the Flanders
All ‘extraordinary’ students (not for credit) and all auditors:
- At registration not for credit students should present in the IL Registry:
Clerics should present a letter from their ecclesiastical superior assigning them to studies at the Institute.
Lay students should present a letter of personal recommendation from a priest or minister.
- Students with a mother tongue other than English must also pass the English language examination, giving evidence of being able to follow class lectures in English.
- Students from outside the UK or Ireland and within the European Union (EU) must present in the Registry a photocopy of their identity card, showing the original.
- Students from outside the EU must present in the Registry: a) A photocopy of the passport, showing the original; b) The tourist visa is acceptable for summer school study.
- Clerics not residing in an approved ecclesiastical residence are to ask in the Registry for the regulations mandated by the Archdiocese of Westminster.
- auditors must present in the Registry: a) A copy of the passport or identity card, showing the original; b) One passport-size photograph.
- Times for registration are given in the Academic Calendar.
B. FINISHING REQUIREMENTS for KU Leuven AWARDS
Ordinary and visiting students follow KU Leuven regulations
C. FINISHING REQUIREMENTS for
INSTITUTUM LITURGICUM LITURGICAL STUDIES AWARD or
ATTESTATION OF ATTENDANCE
IL award students may
- Complete the entrance requirements above, (A 1-6),
- Complete a) the five required courses plus; b) one elective; c) one seminar,
- Successfully complete the examinations,
- Receive the “Liturgical Studies Award” from the Institutum Liturgicum.
Auditor students may
- Complete the entrance requirements above, (A 6),
- Complete a) all five required courses; b) one elective; c) one seminar,
- Omit examinations,
- Receive an attestation of attendance of courses from the Institutum Liturgicum.
Summer Programme 2016
back to IL homepage
© James Leachman, O.S.B., 26 February 2016